Wednesday 30 November 2016

Peanut Butter & Oat Snacks

This recipe is a great little protein snack which I started to make for my husband when he started to lift weights as buying them in were just so expensive, due to an arm injury the weights have stopped for a while, so these did too, but they are a great snack so I've made a batch and popped them in the freezer

Recipe
1 1/4 cup of plain flour
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cup oats

peanut butter
raspberry jam

Put flour, sugar & salt in a mixer, add butter, blend until it forms a dough 

Transfer to a bowl and knead in the oats 
Reserve 3/4 cup of the dough 
Press the rest of the dough into a square baking pan with the bottom and sides greased with butter
Spread a thin layer of the peanut butter on first , then the same again with the jam over the top 

Crumble the reserved dough over the top of the jam

Bake at 180c for 20 mins

Cool totally in the pan then cut into breakfast size bars and enjoy
Freeze in separate portions so they can be taken out of the freezer and popped in lunches as an energy treat in the middle of the day

With this batch I seemed to have some crumble left over, so I added a tablespoon of peanut butter and mixed it altogether, I made small dough balls and popped them on a greased baking sheet and baked with the tray
When they came out of the oven I topped them with a little choc shot to add a little sweetness
One fell in my mouth to taste (totally delicious) and the rest are individually frozen ready for lunch bags

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, they make me smile :)