Monday 17 April 2017

For the love of Portugal and a good read

The past few weeks have been crazy with a busy workload and the Easter school holidays
We've managed to take some time out as a family and flew off to the amazing land that is Portugal, it was truly lovely to just get away, relax, refocus and spend time together

The pool was a welcome relief to the boys as no wifi was in the house (perfect) and it was used daily
We visited a few amazing places, my favourite town was Obidos, I just loved the buildings, the history, the castle wall (no way I was walking along that!), the most amazing bookstore full to the rafters and all in apple crates
Buddha Eden was amazing! actually beyond amazing, the statues and gardens were just unbelievable!
I even spotted some pretty yarn bombing in a beautiful park that also had black swans!








No holiday is complete without a good read and I managed to finish two books from the pile of must reads at home

Both were Jenny Colgan, she's kind of a my favourite go to author at the moment for a good chilled read.
I loved both these books and would recommend them to anyone, they both made me realise that life is too short and we must do things for the 'now' and not look back on life wishing I'd done just that!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, they make me smile :)